Press releases-writing and distribution tips
Press releases are important Internet Services marketing tools. They help you to get free publicity from media houses if submitted physically or increase your visibility if submitted to PR submission websites. They also play a role in your ranking on search engines. Therefore, it is important for you to learn how to write and submit press releases.
How to write killer releases
Press releases are important tools for internet marketing. To reap the benefits of press releases, follow the following tips:
1. Optimise your press release
Optimising your press release is entirely dependent on the keyword selection process. Use our SEO service team to make it happen for your online business. Select the most appropriate keywords for your brand. Ensure that the keywords you select will increase your visibility in search engines. Wordtracker is a tool that can help you generate keywords for your press releases, though there are many other tools on the internet. These keywords should appear in all the sections of your press release.
2. Write a summary
Every press release should have a summary that serves as the story lead. Address the five WH-s of s news story in this section. Your summary should comprise a maximum of 240 characters. Make it short and keyword rich. One keyword should appear at the beginning of the first sentence, as you try to answer the who of the story.
3. Write the body from the third person point of view and make it newsworthy
Quality SEO and keyword writing matters. Press releases can be marked for immediate release or for publication later, depending on their urgency. However, they should always have some news vale to capture the attention of the editor. Add direct quotes in the body of the release. Two quotes are enough. Four keywords within the body help increase the visibility of your release among readers. Also, you need to check the length of your release. Make it short, but not less than 300 words.
Not this just may get interesting! Remember to promote your brand in your press release. Every press release you submit should have a section about the company. This section helps market your brand, and it is the selling point of your releases. Here, you should write 2-3 sentences describing your brand. Remember to give the URL to your website in this section and encourage the reader to visit the site for more information.
5. Always include some contact details
Whether you are sending your release to a media house or are publishing it online, you should give your readers some contact address and number that they can use to get in touch with you. It is advisable to add your name in the contact section. This section is essential, and most submission sites will not accept your press release if it lacks the contact details.
Submitting your press releases
- Select your targets Define your target audience in terms of gender, age, interests and location. Our Custom Web Design Team are experts in figuring out target markets to optimize the money going into your pocket. This will help you choose the most appropriate sites to submit your press releases
- Select time and date The day and time that you distribute your releases matters a lot. You need to understand the consumer behaviour of your target readers to set the most appropriate day and time for distribution. This may partially be determined by the services or products being promoted in the press release. Generally, the first days of the week are the best for the distribution of press releases. Choose the early morning hours, before your readers become busy with office work. This does not mean that you must send all your press releases on a Tuesday morning; you can target product launches, corporate events, seasonal sales, or special offers. If your press release is targeting global audience, you need to consider the time zones of each target destination. In such cases, you may also need to give the editors enough time to translate your document into a local language.
- Embed a video to boost circulation Video content increases the number of views of your press release by 5. Most people find texts that have an accompanying multimedia content easier to understand ad readable than plain text.
- Understand the terms of your preferred PR submission Internet Services sites There are many sites that give you the chance to distribute your press releases, but each has its own terms. As far as you would like to select a convenient site, it is important to read the submission terms. Understand how each site works. Most sites will ask you to register first, while others do not require you to go through registration. Most submission sites are free, but others require some subscription fee.