The Checklist Of A Local SEO Expert
By looking at a local SEO checklist, you might see something that will help you with your own Local SEO company. It may help you to optimize your website, market your services, get a higher revenue reach and with all these things, grow.
It’s very important to have a local search strategy to work with.
For businesses that want to dominate and take advantage of mobile as well as changing and new behaviors having a local SEO strategy/plan is more needed than it’s a choice. Customers from all over are searching for the best services and products that are local. This is not just limited to eCommerce and retail.
They want services and answers that are local, and they want it fast. There’s a difference between regular SEO and local SEO, and this is the way your customers are targeted. However, this isn’t the only difference between the two.
‘Near me’ searches keep rising because local customers continue to search for better experiences that are more relevant. 46% of Google searches each have local intent. Customers using smartphones are using apps that are GPS-based in order to search for businesses that are not far from them.
It’s a complete missed opportunity when your business doesn’t show up in a search when someone in your location is searching. You should always try to be one step ahead of your competitors.
Optimizing Your Website For Local SEO
- Define the location strategy you’re working with. Businesses like a medical, multi-practitioner’s strategy are more complicated and different to businesses with only one location like a home-based business or brick-and-mortar.
- On your website, you should create a home page, about, and contact.
- For each location, a (NAP) full name, address, and phone number should be visible on the contact page.
- If you’re not comfortable with adding your personal address for safety reasons, it’s okay not to publish it. Make the phone numbers and addresses used for business visible on the website instead.
- Phone numbers should be clickable via mobile.
- Make sure that all NAP entries are the same and consistent on each page.
- Help Google identify your business by using structured data markup.
- Verify your business and complete your Google My Business page.
Creating Content For Local SEO
When it comes to Google rankings, content is one of the most important factors. Always ensure that your content is of good quality because high-quality content attracts visitors.
When it comes to Local SEO this is completely true.
What you can do to ensure that your content is flowing according to strategy is:
- Create a content strategy that’s consistent with your website
- Optimize your title tags and descriptions using keywords that are localized
- Optimize your blog content and static text content with local keyword targets. Provide your customers with an example of things that relates to your product/service in the same location
- You can also include photos and videos that are optimized with keywords that complement the content
- Keep your content original, and publish original content
- Clean up listings that are duplicated by using a tool like Moz Local
- Also, clean up any other things that might be duplicated as it can potentially hurt your SEO
Customer Reviews And Social Media For Your Local SEO
- Post your customer reviews and testimonials on your website for all to see. By doing this, you’re taking full advantage of the opportunity
- Make use of Yelp to list your business
- List your business on Foursquare
- If it’s applicable list your business on Zagat
- List your business on Bing Places
- If you haven’t done this already, list your business on Google My Business, as it can have a huge impact on your SEO because the first thing people will see when they search for your business on Google is the reviews.
- To help optimize your business information across the web, make use of a business listing management tool. There are many such tools, like LocalHub or Acxiom My Business Listing Manager.
- Create your social media strategy
- Identify social media sites that are used and popular among your target audience and customers/clients.
- Localize and link all your social media sites back to your website