Founder & Director
As a finalist in the Australian Design Award and in various publications my SEO consultancy company has provided competitive prices with measured results. I personally work one on one with my clients to optimise results giving key ingredients to help get your website to the top of Google. My brand experience includes Monash university, Silvertop Taxi, Mercedes Benz and True Value Solar which I was the digital marketing manager. I am accessible, reliable and genuinely care for your business, if your business needs a kickstart with some nice graphic design, web design or SEO, get in touch today.
Online Businesses List Building
Learning and using these list building ideas can help you grow your online business and income bigger and faster than almost any other strategy that you can use. It may not be the easiest thing to do but it is very important for you if you want to create a long-term online business with an established customer base of interested people to market to. One of the biggest mistakes that most online marketers and business builders make when first starting out is trying to make money online by focusing on making sales from first time visitors. It is a proven fact that only 1% of first time visitors will make a purchase from you.
That means that if you have a good product, good content, a good offer and get at least 100 visitors to your site, then chances are good that you will make a sale that day. Most visitors will require at least 5-7 exposures to your marketing message before they feel confident enough to give your product a try. Even though this will take a bit of work initially, it will be well worth it in the long run.
Three Benefits of Implementing Good List Building Ideas
Each niche (or market) will have its own unique benefits that are obtained because of list building; however, there are three basic benefits that almost every niche will be able to enjoy because of their list building efforts:
- Automation – Using an auto responder as the foundation upon which you implement your list building ideas will allow you to set up a system to automate your marketing efforts. This can be done by setting up a series of email messages that are sent out automatically to all your existing and future list members. With a good opt-in offer and email marketing sequence, you will be able to both grow your list and make sales on autopilot.
- Cost Savings – Compared to the cost of using pay-per-click, solo ads, search engine optimisation, and other forms of marketing and advertising, email marketing is an extremely low-cost marketing method.
- Higher Profit Margins – By using the right email list building ideas for your niche, you will be able to lower your marketing cost and keep more of your income as profit. This will allow you to continue investing in the growth and improvement of your online business.
List Building Ideas That Can Work for You
Not all niches or markets will benefit from these list building ideas. For example, if you are promoting a product for an acute problem such as stop snoring or a cure for haemorrhoids. These types of niches tend not to have a high response rate due to the fact that the visitor is looking for a one time fix and no future need for similar products.
On the other hand, markets or niches that are focused around any of the following areas are perfect candidates for these list building ideas:
- Hobbies– Such as golf, video games, remote control toys, pet training, etc.
- Health – This includes things like weight loss, bodybuilding, acne, hair loss, etc.
- Making Money – Online marketing, online trading, investing.
- Education – pursuing a higher degree, learning a new language or skill such as playing the guitar, piano, etc.
- Relationships – Dating, saving a marriage, surviving a divorce, etc.
Any niche that is evergreen, where people spend money in that niche all year round or have a passion, will make a very good candidate for implementing these list building ideas.
List Building Ideas That Work Well
- Step 1. Create an opt-in offer
- Step 2. Setup an auto responder to capture your prospects contact
- Step 3. Create a series of email messages
- Step 4. Drive traffic to your blog, website, or opt in page. This can be done in a variety of different ways, including using paid methods such as Google AdWords, pay-per-click, search engine optimisation (SEO), and other forms of marketing.
Tips to drive traffic to your blog or website
Create compelling content that naturally leads your readers want more information from you. It is important that your visitors perceive you as an expert in your niche or someone that they can learn from. By giving them high quality content for free they will be more likely to want to give you their contact information for more good content in the future.
Use an irresistible offer as an ethical bribe to get interested visitors to subscribe to your mailing list. Also, you need to be creative and try to do more than just offer an eBook or pdf report even though, these two items can still work, more creative things like info-graphs, mind maps, etc tend to work better.
Use video give-a-ways. These will work particularly well in niches where you can provide a video training course that you participate in yourself. Not only do videos have a higher perceived value to them but they also help you to establish a deeper rapport with your prospects when then can see or hear you on video.
Have your opinion form in two or more places – A good example of this is to have an opt in form above the fold on the left or right column, then again at the end of your content, and once again as an exit popup
The key to getting the maximum benefits from these list building ideas is to always provide real value and split test to keep improving your results. Hire a team of professionals to help you with all your list building needs. Contact us today to find out what we can do for your business.